Stay is the lead provider in the provision of generic floating support in the Borough of Telford & Wrekin.
What is thrive floating support?
- Floating Support helps vulnerable people access appropriate housing solutions
- The service helps define an individual’s needs and personal aspirations in relation to their chosen accommodation
- Support is usually offered on a weekly basis either face-to-face, in a group or via a drop in at a community hub across Telford and Wrekin
- The Floating Support service aims to maximise independent living for people in their chosen home, regardless of tenure. It is designed to help individuals access the right housing solutions appropriate to their own needs and personal aspirations
What does Floating Support provide?
- Tenancy training to help maintain a tenancy and help avoid eviction
- Training to manage money, household finances, budgets and minimise debts
- Opportunities to engage in meaningful activities and social lives
- Support to access education, training, work placements and apprenticeships
How is the support delivered?
- Direct one-to-one support
- Group work and training sessions
- Drop-in’s sessions
Who is eligible for this service?
- Anyone over the age of 16
- Located in the borough of Telford and Wrekin
- Homeless, of no fixed address, living in private rented accommodation, social housing or an owner occupier
What if I don’t meet the eligibilty criteria?
We never use a blanket exclusion policy and will always assess each enquiry on an individual basis. We make every effort to support people who approach Stay for help, and if we can’t assist for any reason, we will always refer people to other relevant agencies and statutory services to ensure access to the right support is achieved.
How can I apply?
Referral: All referrals should be made via telephone by calling 01952 291904.
The service is run through the Thrive Partnership which comprises several partners: Stay, Kip, and Wellington and District YMCA. Each partner delivers generic support alongside their own specialism within the overall contract delivery.