Stay is the lead provider in the provision of generic floating support in the Borough of Telford & Wrekin.
WHAT IS THRIVE FLOATING SUPPORT?
• This service will help vulnerable people to access appropriate housing solutions
• Define the customer’s own needs and personal aspirations in relation to their chosen accommodation
• Tenancy training
• Maintain a tenancy and help avoid eviction
• Develop skills to manage money, household finances, budgets and minimise debts
• Develop the skills and confidence needed to live fulfilling and independent lives
• Engage in meaningful activities and social lives
• Support in education, training, work placements and apprenticeships
• Access a wide range of other services
WHAT TYPE OF SUPPORT WILL I GET?
• Our assessment with the customer will support us to identify the amount of hours per week each customer may require
• Support is usually offered on a weekly basis either face-to-face, in a group or via a drop in at a community hub across Telford and Wrekin
• The service operates a flexible approach according to our customers.
HOW WILL THE SUPPORT BE DELIVERED?
• Direct one-to-one support hours
• Group work and training sessions
• Drop-ins, ad-hoc advice and support
• Variety of media used – telephone, email, text and Skype Customers will be fully involved in all stages from planning to the delivery of their flexible tailored Support Plan.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THIS SERVICE?
• Are you over the age of 16?
• Do you live in the borough of Telford and Wrekin?
• Are you homeless, of no fixed address, living in private rented accommodation, social housing or an owner occupier?
• Have you a presenting need for support to live independently?
Have you answered yes to all of these questions? Then go to ‘How can I apply?’
HOW CAN THRIVE HELP IF YOU DON’T MEET THE ELIGIBILTY CRITERIA?
We never use a blanket exclusion policy and will take each case on it’s own merits. Within our collaboration we would always attempt to support people, or at the very least refer to other agencies and statutory services to ensure support would be in place.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
All referrals should be made via the Thrive referral form, which can be found on -line at Thrive Floating Support Leaflet
You can request a hard copy by calling 01952 504325. The completed form should be sent to email@example.com or to Morson House, 14-16
Market Street, Oakengates, Telford, TF2 6EL.
The floating support service aims to maximise independent living for people in their chosen home, regardless of tenure; helping them to access appropriate housing solutions appropriate to their own needs and personal aspirations.
The service is run through the Thrive Partnership which is made of Stay, Maninplace, Kip, and Wellington and District YMCA. Each partner delivers generic support alongside their own particular specialism within the overall contract delivery.